Since becoming our CEO in 1993, Clarence’s relentless push for innovation has transformed us from a single, struggling company into an important player in the North Dakota and national economies.
Clarence has been an entrepreneur since his youth. He began pursuing his entrepreneurial career directly out of high school and remains a staunch proponent of personal and professional development. He has completed several prestigious small business, entrepreneurship and executive management programs at the University of North Dakota, Clark Atlanta University, Loyola University Maryland, the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College and Babson College, among others.
In addition to his work for Midi Enterprises, Clarence takes great pride in volunteering and mentoring young entrepreneurs. He is a volunteer advisor to the Native American Intellectual Property Enterprise Council and an inventor with a U.S. patent on file. He also serves as a business mentor to large, small and minority-owned companies nationwide.
- 2016 Minority Enterprise Advocate Technology Business Executive
- 2016 U.S. SBA ND Entrepreneurial Success Award
- 2008 ND Entrepreneur of the Year Nominee
- 2008 25 Powerful Minority Men – Minority Network Association
- 2004 Small Business Person of the Year – SBA Region 8
- 2004 50 Influential Minorities in Business – MPBN
- Frank Driscoll – Chief Operating Officer
- Kim Baker – Chief Financial Officer
- Edmund White Bear – President, MEC Energy Services
- Patrick O’Berry – President, MEC Distribution and MEC Development
- Phil Fox – President, Sinew Management Group and Dae Sung
- Ron Laverdure – President, MEC Technologies
- Darnell Baker – President, MEC Services
- Blair Gallagher – Director of Corporate Programs
- Elizabeth White Bear – Director of Human Resources
- Jeff Evans – Executive Budget Officer
- Jim Evans – Director of Marketing
- Betty Barnes – General Manager, Dae Sung
- Jennifer Colosimo – Proposal Manager
- Steve Tschannen – Site Director, Robbins Air Force Base
- Matt Lundy – General Manager, Vel Tye